It was the Sephora VIB Sale. How could I stop myself?!
There are some items that I restocked. And there are others that I would find very difficult to buy at full price (read high-end makeup). Let’s get cracking because there’s a lot to be talked about!
I bought everything online – to avoid super crowded stores, to take my time to read through reviews and to be able to select my samples! All the makeup I bought where already added to my ‘Loves’ list on the Sephora app from my multiple trips to Sephora before the sale!
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser – I received the sample size of this product in my Sephora birthday gift. I started using it a month back and oh my word! Love it! Fresh is quickly becoming one of my most favourite skincare brands! Super duper gentle on the skin, smells fresh and leaves my skin feeling soft and not dry & stretched out.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – I needed a light face cream for a weird in between kind of a time – when I get back from work, I remove my makeup, wash my face and start making dinner. I need to put on a cream after washing my face. My evening skincare routine starts way later when we are done with dinner and I am going to hit the sack. I like it. It’s not greasy. But I cannot really comment on what it has done for my skin yet. I want to give it a few more weeks before I can give it the ‘staple’ status!
- FAB Facial Radiance Pads – Staple. Exfoliating toner. My skin has never ever felt better. I would never stop using this. Worth every penny. I use this every night right after washing my face and before putting on my oils and serums.
- Tata Harper Restorative Eye Cream – My eyes are a little less puffy. Dryness has gone down for sure. Worth the steep price? Absolutely. I will buy another bottle in a heartbeat.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask – I owned this in a red tint (called Smashed) and loved it so so much that I wanted to use this at nigh as well. So I went and bought the clear one. The Toronto winter can be brutal on one’s skin and the lips are hit the worst. This works. This works better than anything else I have ever tried on my lips. Bite Beauty – I bow to thee!!
- Foreo Luna 2 for Combination Skin – I saved the best for last! I have never used any cleansing tools on my face other than a small nylon brush I bought from the Body Shop a few years ago – which made no difference really. Foreo, hats off! I can confidently say that all (ALL!) my acne scars have faded considerably in the last 10 days since I started using this. It’s pricey for sure – but it is a one time investment. I feel guilty that I wasn’t cleansing my face properly till I started using this one! Loooovvvveee it!
**I am taking all swatch pictures in natural daylight and am not adding any filters so that the true shades come through**
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation – I love the natural makeup look and use very very tiny bit of foundation. And I’d kill for something that looks as close to my skin as possible. This one – glides on, doesn’t crack and has a great shade line. Mine is 6.5 and is always always sold out!
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden – My eyeshadow stays put for 14 hours. That is what this one is supposed to do. Delivers 100%.
Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Bronzed – Looks beautiful and super natural on my skin. Perfectly pigmented. Blends like butter.
NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer in Caramel – I have lots of purple acne scars and this works superbly on my skin. Bloody simple to blend too. Must buy.
Bite Beauty Multistick in Brioche – Lovely formula. Amazing colour. This can be used as a lip colour, blush or eyeshadow. I have used it only as a lip colour till now and have received many compliments! I am going to get all the other shades in this one!!
Becca Simmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop – I love a highlighter that doesn’t have too much glitter and blends easily. I was a little taken aback when I looked at it in the pan because it looks very shimmery. But, it looks lovely on the skin. Doesn’t make me look like I have tried to much to bring that glow! Again, blends super easily.
Burberry Lip & Cheek Bloom in No. 9 Poppy – This is soft. If you close your eyes and touch this thing, you will say ‘velvet’!! It is soft like that!! And the way this can be used is also so cool. You can get a really deep pigmented look by using more product. I reach for this when I go for the fresh no makeup look. I dab on my Bite Beauty agave Lip Mask and then tap this on my lips and the left over product on my fingers on my cheeks. Voila! Again – this shade is almost always sold out. This is also a staple for sure!
Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics – Let me say this upfront. I hate it. The product is just falling all over the place in the palette. The powder from the eyeshadows is just all over the place all the time. Not really pigmented. I will not buy this ever again. Nothing has beat MAC eyeshadows for me yet (post about that coming up soon!).
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure – Love it! Loooooovvveee the colour! It is the perfect colour for medium to dark skin tones with a yellow undertone. Ultimate colour payoff! I am going back for the other shades!!
Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo in Flesh & Fantasy – You can use either of the colours. Or just swirl your brush into both and use the gorgeous muted pink blush colour. Beautiful! Classy! Definite must buy for folks who like a simple classy makeup look.
Lots of more stuff coming up from my trip to MAC! I am also putting together a mini makeup kit as a gift for my sister for her convocation next week! Stay tuned!!